2ndJodhpur International Film Festival
December 28 to 31, 2016, “JOIFF INDIA”
- Original Title of the Film: ________________________________________________
Subject of The film (film based on which subject/s):__________________________________________
Please choose any one from below, regarding your submission, it is:
Please tick, if your film/s based on any (one) subject/s from below:
□War and Peace
□One line synopsis of the film:
- Name and Address of the Director/ Producer/Production Company/Institute:
If you are student film maker, please specify about your Institute
Country of Origin: _________________________________________
- A-Synopsis of the Film–Not less than 150 words and
B-About Director–Not less then 150 words (please attach)
Any other language, please specify:
- Year of production:
- Category: Short Film
- Casting: (please attach)
(Please send two DVD)
9.Duration: (Maximum 45 Minutes for Documentary Film/s & Short Fiction Film/s, for animation film 30 minute/s,see eligibility regulations)
- Has the film been shown at any other festival? If yes, indicate festival:
- Has the film won any awards
? If yes, indicate details:
- Shooting Location:
- Censorship (if you have censorship certificate from Govt. of India, please attach, ButCensorship will not be applicable to any films / videos entered in the festival)
- Any other/detail:
Name and Designation
Please send your film entry on this address
Jodhpur International Film Festival
Jodhpur International Film Festival”JOIFF”
Address :601/C WING Durvas Apartment,NearD’Mart,Nalasopara(E)Mumbai,India-4018209
Contact:9665151996/07568140240 / 09530199980/
Website:-www.joiff.in, Emai : email@example.com
- All films / documentaries shot on film or Video (Analog / Digital format) between 1st January
2012 to 10thNovember 2016within a running duration of 3 minuteto 45 minutes are eligible for the
- Entries of all films / documentaries (hereafter collectively called Films) shall be accepted only in
- There shall be four categories in the festival: short fiction film, documentary film, animation film
and feature film.A-To be eligible for short film category competition section, a film must be less than 45
minutes in duration
B-Documentary competition section must not exceed duration of more than 45 minutes
C-Animation competition section must not exceed duration of more than 30 minutes
- If a film is not eligible to be entered in any category (short fiction film, animation film and
documentary film) will be eligible for Critic Film and non competition section.
- If language of the film is other than English, it must be dubbed or sub-titled in English.
- Films may be entered by any organization, agency, individual producer or director.
- Selectionof films / videos for JOIFF 2016will be done by a committee whose decision will be
final. However, Festival Authorities reserve the right to accept or reject any film that is likely to
offend sentiments, feelings or sensibilities of any caste, community, religion and sect or is likely to
promote racism or ill will in the society.
- A complete screening schedule of selected films shall be put up on the festival website: aroundDecember 11, 2016
- Transportation and insurance costs of DVDs/BLURAYs, related documents, photographs and
publicity materials from the country of origin to the Festival Office shall be borne by the applicant.
- JOIFF 2016would be allowed to use all photographs and publicity materials received along withthe Entry
and the same will not be returned to the entrants.
- Student / Diploma films / videos cannot be considered as Director’s First film.
- Censorship will not be applicable to any films / videos entered in the festival.
- The Festival Authorities will have the right to screen (maximum 5 screening) in different cities of
India on non-commercial basis.
- For promotional / publicity purposes, excerpts from any film entered in the festival may be
shown on any Television network / Internet or related m
edia during the festival period.
- Entry Forms with incorrect / inadequate / illegible / ambiguous particulars will not be considered.
- DVDs submitted for selection will be considered as final and no changes will be entertained after
submission. Itis the sole responsibility of the applicant to submit DVDs without any physical /
- Prize and certificate will be awarded to the director (s) or producer(s) of the film.
For any duties, fees and charges accrued from the transporting of the trophy, will be covered
by the recipient, not the Festival organisers.
18.All shortlisted entries will receive a certificate.(Cost of certificate production and courier
charges will cover the submitter or Director or producer)
- Anybody can submit one or more than one entry. There is no limit for submission.
- Films once selected and submitted for the final screening will not be allowed to be withdrawn
under any circumstances, until the Festival is over.
- The Festival proposes to have a maximum of 5 screenings per film as per FIAPF Regulations for
non-competitive festivals and competitive specialised festivals which allow for a maximum of 5 screenings per film.
- Participationin the Festival implies acceptance of these Regulations.
- Decisions of the Festival Authorities regarding all matters not expressly provided for in these
regulations or which require interpretation of the clauses mentioned above shall be final and bindingon all parties.
Following points may please be noted/checked before submission/sending the entry:
1 . Complete entry form with signature
- 2 DVD of the film
- Synopsis of the Film-150 words and 20 words both
4 . About Director (Bio Data)-150 words
5 . Entry fee of Rs.1500/-or 2000 for Indian entries and US $40 or US $50 for foreign entries
6 .Photograph of Director of film
7 . Still photographs of film (minimum two)
8 .Production still (minimum two)
9 .Poster (if any)
- Censorship (if you have censorship certificate from Govt. of India, please attach)
11.A customs invoice should be included in this consignment which should be clearly marked:
‘FESTIVAL MATERIA-CULTURAL VALUE’.NOTE: Festival office will confirm delivery of parcels which are included in your confirmation email.2nd,Jodhpur International Film Festival-2016 December 28-31, 2016, Jodhpur, INDIA
WELCOME IN JODHPUR WITH YOUR FILM SHOWCASING
2016, Jodhpur India has hosted 1stInternational Film Festivals, both competitive and non-competitive. This festival became annual events from onwards. The next festival, which includes a competition for feature films by directors fromAll Continents will be held in Jodhpur and is the 2 edition.
The Festival is being organized by the Jodhpur International Film Festival Trust and with support from Indian Film Industry, Rajasthan Film Industry and film makers from around the world. Objectives: The purpose of this film festival is to promote newer movie makers, exchange of knowledge, information, ideas &
culture between India & other nations in context of their social and cultural ethos. JIFF also promotes friendship and co-operation
among people of the world through the medium of films & documentaries.Though the film festivals have became a regular affair in most countries yet most of them cater only to selected audience as well as entertain the commercially successful film makers and related personalities. However, JIFFintends to organize a festival that connects the film fans & movies goers with the world, especially the serious filmmaker & their associates so as to bring about greater understanding of the art of film making.
Film Entry Submission Last Date:
Regular deadline: November 15th, 2016
Late deadline: November 30th, 2016
ALL FORMATS, ALLGENRESARE ACCEPTED FROM ALL CONTINENTS
Rs. 3500/-Indian rupees OR US $150 (for regular deadline)
Rs. 4500/-Indian rupeesUS $175 for foreign entries (for late & extended deadlines)
Pay through PayPal: firstname.lastname@example.org
The entry form/application will be considered only on receipt of Administrative film submission entry fee of
Rs.3500-/ 4, 500/-Indian rupees OR US $150/175 by Cash or Demand Draft or Cheque,or money transfer in favour of Jodhpur International Film Festival Trust (Account number- ……….coming soon),(CHIPS ABA Number: coming soon, IFS Code/Swift / Sort Code:coming soon(for US&),ORBC coming soon (for INR))
Bank Name & Address:-………………………………..comin soon FOR DIRECT DEPOSIT FROM OUT OF INDIA.
Release Remit Proceeds to
Film entries has to be sent through post/courier at the festival office
- Date and Place
The Festival will be held in Jodhpurfrom 28 to 31 December,2016
. 2. Regulations
The programmed of the Festival will be divided into the following categories:
(b)Feature Film and Documentary Feature
(c)Documentary Film (Short)
d)Short Fiction Film
3.The Festival Director reserves the right to exclude films which are not in conformity with aims of the Festival,
4.COMPETITION-Feature Films by Directors from All Continents.
4.1 Films entered in the Competition Section must fulfill the following conditions:
4.1.1 Films must be feature films/documentary features.
4.1.2 They must have been released between1stSeptember 2015 and 10th November 2016(not released yet and in post production films are also accepted).Eligibility period will be determined by the Censorshipvisa/certificate of the country where the film has been produced.
4.1.3In the case of co-productions, at least one of the producers/production companies must have the right to sanction the participation of the film in competitionin the Festival and authority to receive award, if any, is won.
4.2 Entries will be subject to preview by a committee constituted by this Festival Director. A film which is not
accepted for the Competition Section can be shown in the World Premier.
4.3The competition will be held subject to the acceptance of a minimum of seven eligible films from different
4.4 The decisions of the jury will be taken by a simple majority of the members present and voting. The jury can evolve its own rules for assessment of the entries. The Director of the Festival, the Nodal officer for JOIFF and the Chairperson of the jury can attend the deliberations of the jury but shall neither participate
4.5No person in any way connected with the production or commercial exploitation of a competitive entry will be a member of the jury.
4.6 The following prizes will be given away:
AWARDS FOR Film Festival-
GOLDEN CAMEL-For Best Director
RED ROSE-For best released film between
September 2015 and November 2016 GREEN ROSE – For a film which gives global message
YELLOW ROSE – For upcoming film -with world premier
DIRECTOR (Director First Film)
BEST ACTRESS Award
(National and International)
BEST ACTOR Award
(National and International)
BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY award
BEST SOUND award
BEST EDITING award
BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY award
BEST COSTUME award
New Awards from JOIFF 2016
Best Political Film
Best Sports Film
Best Women Film
Best Child Film
Best Wildlife Film
Best War and Peace Film
Best Current issue Film
Best film from each Continent (like Asia, Europe, America, Africa)
BELOW IN YELLOW COLOR RULES ONLY FOR DOCUMENTARY FEATURE FILM/s (From JOIFF 2016)
The film should be a Documentary,Feature Film.
It should have been released or produced between 1st September 2013 and10th November 2015.Not necessary for upcoming film –with world premier (not released yet and in post production films are also accepted)*
Documentary Feature: all formats/all genres/all duration ((over 45 minutes) by directors from AllContinents) allow, also accepted in DVD format and Blu Ray
IF YOU ARE SUBMITTING DOCUMENTARY FEATURE FILM, PLEASE LEAVE
BLANK UNNECESSARY POINTS IN ENTRY FORM.
AWARDS-Best DirectorGREEN ROSE (Documentary Feature)- For a film which gives global message YELLOW ROSE (Documentary Feature)-For upcoming film-with world premier Best Documentary Feature BEST SOUND & EDITING award BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY award Special Jury Mention
- Feature Film must be:.For exhibition-the following criteria will be followed:
5.1.The film should be a Feature Film.
5.2.It should have been released after 1st September, 2016. (Not necessary for upcoming film – with worldpremier
5.3.Films should be in 35mm/70mm/16 mm and Digital format, now also accepted in DVD format.
6.Notice of participation Entrants should inform the Festival Director by
30thNovember, 2015 about their participation, including the titles of films and the names and addresses of the directors, producers, production companies and world sales companies against each film titles.
- DVD’s for Selection DVD’s of films may also be sent for purposes of selection(selection committee of 2nd JOIFF) only so as to reach the Festival Director not later than 10th November, 2016.DVD’s may also be sent through diplomatic channels.
- Entering films in the Festival
8.1Film Producers, Distributors their duly authorized representatives or duly authorized Government organization / agency of the participating countries may enter their films for the Competition/World Premier in the enclosed Entry Form.
The contact Address is:Director
Jodhpur International Film Festival”JOIFF”
601/C WING Durvas Apartment,Near
Contact:9665151996/07568140240 / 09530199980
Website:-www.joiff.in, Emai: email@example.com
8.2 The Festival Director may also invite films it considers of interest.
8.3 The Form, duly filled in, separately for each film proposed to be entered should reach the Festival Director by 10thNovember, 2015
9.1 Prints of films selected for exhibition in the Festival must reach the Festival office at Jodhpur on or before January 10, 2015. The title(s) of the film(s) sent, the number of reels, shipping details including the dates of dispatch and the air consignment number must befaxed/e-mailed to the Festival Director. Prints should ideally be air freighted/couriered directly to the Festival Director at the address. Special arrangements have been made for clearance of film consignments addressed to the festival Director through Indian Customs. The Festival Director will not be responsible for any film prints etc. that are diverted to other cities in India.
9.2 After closing of the Festival, the prints will be returned through air-freight or diplomatic channels, to the
entrants or to their duly authorized representative mentioned in the Entry Form.
- Insurance The Insurance of prints in transit from the country of origin to the Festival Director and from the Festival Director to the country of origin will be the responsibility of the entrant. The Festival Director will insure the prints against damage, partial and total, by fire, theft or any other unnatural causes from the moment it takes delivery of the prints to the moment it hands them back to the concerned airline/agency for dispatch, in conformity with Addendum 1 of
the FIAPF Regulations for International Film Festivals. The insurance value will be the print cost as specified in the Entry Form, supported by documents from the concerned laboratory. Damage to the print, if any, should be certified by an independent agency, at the cost of the sender.
- Freight and Other Charges
11.1 The DVD’s (two DVD’s or Blu Ray) for selection (selection committee of 2ndJOIFF) should be sent “freight pre-paid” i.e. at senders cost.
11.2 Festival Director will not pay any charges other than the air-freight charges. It may also please be noted
that the Festival Director cannot reimburse any freight or other charges in foreign currency, unless previously agreed to in writing.
11.3The Festival Director will not bear freight or any other charges for unsolicited films, Videos, DVD
sent to it, if these are not selected for screening in the Festival.
11.4 The special arrangements made by the Festival Director for clearance through Indian Customs in Jodhpur are applicable only in the case of consignments directly air-freighted on request and addressed to this Festival Director. In the case of publicity material, etc. sent pre-paid by Courier Services or through agents
in India, the concerned Courier Service/agent should be instructed to deliver the material directly to the office of the Festival Directorate in Jodhpur.
The Festival Director shall not be responsible for any material that is diverted to some other city in India.
- SubtitlingFilms will normally be screened in their original language/version. Films in language other than English
must have subtitles in English. Films that arrive without subtitles, or with subtitles other than in Engli
sh, where such subtitles are required, shall not be screened in the Festival.
13.1 Entries under the all categories shall be of films certified by Information and Broadcasting Ministry or
Central Board of Film Certification, India.
13.2 No accepted film will be shown outside the Festival city by the Festival Director.
13.3 The Festival proposes to have a maximum of 5 screenings per film as per FIAPF Regulations for non-competitive festivals and competitive specialized festivals which allow for a maximum of 5 screenings per film.
- Excerpts for Television For promotion of films entered in the Festival on television, producers/authorized entrants are requested to supply four excerpts of the film(s) entered, each of a maximum duration of three minutes, to the Festival Director. These should be supplied preferably on DVC Pro format or Beta (PAL system) format.
15.1 Classroom and advertising films are not eligible for participation in any section.
15.2 Films not presenting suffi
cient technical qualities for good public screening can be refused after checking
of the prints by the Print Checking Unit of the Festival Director.
15.3 The participants must ensure that they have the right to participate in the Jodhpur International Fil
m Festival, Jodhpur India with regard to parties connected with the production / distribution of the
participating film and / or other right holders/licenses.
15.4 Participation in the Festival implies acceptance of these Regulations.
15.5 The Festival Director will decide all matters not expressly provided for in these regulations but in conformity with the provisions of the International Regulations for film festivals and its decisions shall be final and binding on all parties.
- Correspondence and Shipping Address:All correspondence, publicity materials, DVD’s and film prints should be addressed to:
Jodhpur International Film Festival”JOIFF”
601/C WING Durvas Apartment,Near
Contact: 9665151996/07568140240 / 09530199980/
Website:-www.joiff.in, Emai: firstname.lastname@example.org
All film prints sent through diplomatic channels can also be delivered to the above office in Jodhpur.-(for 1ST JOIFF, rules and regulation designed according to International Film Festival of India – IFFI, www.dff.nic.in)Note:-
Screening will not allow before one month of the festival, and all submitter/s will inform to festival organizers for
any screening in India and in any country for the same.
- A complete screening schedule of selected films shall be put up on the festival website: around December 11, 2016
- Transportation and insurance costs of DVDs/BLURAYs, related documents, photographs and publicity materials from the country of origin to the Festival Offical shall be borne by the applicant.
- JOIFF 2015 would be allowed to use all photographs and publicity materials received along with the Entry and
the same will not be returned to the entrants.
- Prize and certificate will be awarded to the director (s) or producer(s) of the film.For any duties, fees and charges accrued from the transporting of the trophy, will be covered by the recipient, not the Festival organizers.
18.All shortlisted entries will receive a certificate. (Cost of certificate production and courier charges will cover the submitter or Director or producer)
Post a Comment